I have decided to share not only my recipes but also the “winner” recipes that I have tried on my gluten free, dairy free and limited sugar adventure.
I LOVE LOVE lemon poppyseed muffins and loafs. I bought a gluten free one from the store and did not understand what half of the ingredients were. I decided to take matters into my own hands and find a recipe with ingredients that I could understand online!
This one is a goodie:
I forgot to take a picture when it was fresh out of the oven so here is one after it was devoured!
Here it is so that you don’t even have to follow the link! I have also added some of my own comments 🙂
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can sub for honey or agave)
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (can sub for almond butter or coconut oil)
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T lemon zest
- 4 large eggs, whisked lightly
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds and set aside.
This is my favourite gadget for lemon zesting! You will not be sorry if you buy it; it’s called a microplane 🙂
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Pour into the dry mixture.
- Add the melted nut butter and applesauce.
- Mix very well until a batter is formed.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan or baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes and give it a check! What you are looking for is a golden brown colour on top and a toothpick comes on clean. This took me an hour! Once you are happy with your loaf’s colour and it is toothpick clean, remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving or frosting, if desired. (I do not put frosting so you will have to follow the website link above to get the recipe!)