As I am sure you all know by now, I have gone gluten and dairy free! This has forced me to slide away from my “go-to” food items such as cheese and bread. They are my greatest loves and I miss them oh-so-very-much!!
Sooo to keep myself interested, I’ve had to get creative.
Here is my latest creation: Summer beef meatballs!
- Grated raw beets
- 1 egg
- Green onion
- Ground beef
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Yellow/orange peppers
- If there is something that you are thinking about right now that you wish were in the recipe, PLEASE ADD IT! Not sure if it will work or not? Send me a message and I’d be happy to brainstorm with you!
I am sorry, i don’t use quantities! I just work with the ingredients that I have and go by eye to see if I should add more or not. If you are confused about proportions, send me a message and I’ll help you out! 🙂
- Mix all of the ingredients – get dirty! Don’t be afraid to use your hands; have fun with this!
- Turn on your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Drain the excess juice (if you skip this step, your meatballs will fall apart).
- **Here is the part where you can add your breadcrumbs or cheese such as feta**
- Roll into balls — As always, this is now your recipe; make them whatever size you would like!
- Throw the meatballs in the oven! Around 20 minutesI’m WARNING you now – don’t freak out if your meatballs never seem to be cooked if you typically wait until they are brown to take them out of the oven! The beets in the recipe will make the meatballs pretty and pink 🙂
p.s. if you like your meatballs to be smaller, the cooking time will be less than 20 minutes!
If you are using an oven thermometer you are looking for a temperature of 160 degrees fahrenheit.
I would love to hear your results and if you end up making this recipe! 😀